Kirby Wu, AIA, LEED AP
- Master of Business Administration, Cornell University
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture & Industrial Management, Carnegie Mellon University
- Licensed Architect in New Jersey and additional states
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED Accredited Professional
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management Certified
- Federal EM385-1-1 Site Safety and Health Officer Certified
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) Certified
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC), National Board Member
- American Institute of Architects, Member
- Recipient of AIA West Jersey Chapter Malcolm Wells Sustainability Award
- Over 25 years of experience in the building industry
A licensed architect in numerous states with over 25 years of building industry experience, Kirby Wu brings a unique blend of design and construction knowledge to Wu & Associates general contractor firm.
After graduating with honors from Carnegie Mellon University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Architecture and double major in Industrial Management, Kirby worked as a Project Architect for a prominent southern New jersey design firm. In 1996, Kirby transitioned to work in the family business at Wu & Associates. In 2003, he advanced to the position of Vice President after obtaining a Master of Business Administration degree from Cornell University with distinction. In 2010, Kirby was further promoted to the role of President.
Through Kirby’s leadership, Wu & Associates has grown its design and construction portfolio to provide services nationally, and to specialize in the areas of Design-Build Construction, LEED sustainability and historic preservation. Wu & Associates has clientele in all levels of government contracting from state to Federal. The company also has a portfolio in Fortune clients. The company’s success is reflected in the national recognition it continually receives for demonstrating excellence in construction, sustainability, safety, and diversity.
Outside of Wu & Associates, Kirby serves on the Budget & Finance Committee for the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), a national organization of 69 chapters and 21,000 members. Previously, Kirby served as the ABC Northeast Region Vice Chair from 2013 – 2015, ABC New Jersey Board of Directors from 2000-2020, as well as the ABC Diversity Committee from 2013-2018. Additionally, Kirby served the role of President for the United States Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce for the Northeast Region (USPAACC-NE), from 2016-2018. He is also a sought-after lecturer on business and architecture for professional audiences, and an avid mentor for small and diverse businesses.
Watch the history of the company