The Daniel Schanck Observatory was built in 1866 as a venue for the study of astronomy at the University. Funds for the building were generously donated by Mr. Daniel Schanck, of New York City. The building is rumored to be haunted by the donor’s ghost, as he prowls the grounds in search of his lost love. Wu & Associates performed renovations on the exterior of the building, restoring its image with a lime wash.
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Owner: Rutgers University
Project Type: Educational, Historic