Sustainable Shore Retreat
More than two years after Hurricane Sandy ravaged the New Jersey coastline, causing irreparable water damage to houses and other infrastructure, Wu & Associates is proud to unveil a newly minted LEED-H Platinum certified sustainable shore retreat. Seizing the opportunity to rebuild with purpose, Wu & Associates focused on implementing sustainable design principles as a tool to educate project team members, end users, and the community at large. The three story, 3,600 SF structure boasts key features including:
- High efficiency envelope, utilizing integrated concrete forms and structurally insulated panels
- Daylighting and views, maximizing waterfront bay and lagoon views from all rooms
- High efficiency mechanical systems, achieving a 42 HERS index
- Water conservation technology, featuring thermostatic low-flow fixtures
- Sustainable landscape design, with 74% permeable paving and 65% reduction in irrigation demand
- Eco-friendly materials throughout, featuring bamboo flooring and cabinetry, recycled content tile
- Premium indoor air quality, utilizing HVAC filtration media and low VOC materials
Wu & Associates is pleased to present this living example of environmental commitment and future investment as inspiration to neighbors, visitors, and passerby who may consider sustainable options when making their own building choices.
To learn more about the benefits of LEED Homes, click here.
Location: Waretown, NJ
Architect: Arch Design Architects
Engineer: Larsen & Landis Structural Engineers