Dt_portfolio | Atsion Mansion

Atsion Mansion

Atsion Mansion

Atsion Mansion was built by Samuel Richards, an ironmaster from Philadelphia, in 1826. The area was a prime location for wealthy businessmen, and Richards used the property as a summer home. He infused the house with his own personal flare, using items such as iron water pipes for porch columns. Wu & Associates worked to restore the original beauty of the home, replacing exterior stucco, interior plaster, and restoring wood surfaces. The cedar roof was also restored.Location: Shamong, NJOwner: The State of New Jersey

Architect: HJGA Consulting, Architecture & Historical Preservation